At Brixmor, our commitment to the social, environmental and economic impact of our operations informs the way we plan for tomorrow.
We proactively work with our retail partners to minimize the impact our centers have on the natural environment. For example at Walmart-anchored Liberty Plaza in Baltimore, we completed a complex environmental remediation, transforming a vacant center into a vibrant retail destination, earning a 2013 ICSC U.S. Design and Development Award for sustainable design.
Other sustainable practices within the portfolio include:
- Solar-reflective cool roofs
- Lighting fixture upgrades
- Energy Star-compliant HVAC installations
- Smart irrigation controllers
- Construction and Demolition (C&D) material recycling
- National and regional contracts for waste removal and recycling
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Mass transit stops and bicycle racks
- Stormwater management and water quality measures
- LEED certification and design standards
We strive to operate as responsible corporate citizens in all our endeavors, with the goal of having a lasting positive impact on the communities in which we operate.